Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 1995 10:35:25 +0100 (BST)
From:      Nik Clayton <Nik.Clayton@brunel.ac.uk>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Another sup site? Removing ports?

Hi there,

I'm a little new to this whole 'ports' business, so, please, be gentle
<grin>. Anyway, a couple of questions if I may:

 o Does anyone know of a FreeBSD site in the UK I can 'sup' files from?
   I've tried Imperial (which is where I've acquired all my FreeBSD
   stuff from so far) but they don't appear to be running the sup server
   (given the load on their site anyway, I'm not surprised).

   /usr/share/mk/bsd.port.*mk doesn't suggest alternative sites.

 o If I've done

       % make
       % make install

    on a port, is there a simple way of uninstalling it? I'd have
    thought so, but looking at the targets in bsd.port.mk, I don't think
    so, and the only way to do this would be

        % make
        % make package
        % pkg_add 'package'

    and then I can do the required 'pkg_delete' at some later time. Or
    am I missing something fundamental?

Apart from these concerns, it's all going swimmingly. So, praise once
more for the people of the FreeBSD team.

Oh yeah, I'm running 2.0R at the moment.

=-[Opinion, n: See the above text for an example]=-=[Kibo #: e]-[RYRYRY]=-=
=-[The Silly Sod Society: To perfect and to swerve]=-[beable]-=[TP U BG]=-=
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.