Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 1997 13:20:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-Chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   web pointer

The following article was found in the Edupage weekly, and I thought
you'd all appreciate the web pointer:

FIRST HTML DIGITAL LIBRARY IN THE COMPUTER FIELD
Seventeen of the IEEE Computer Society's 19 magazines are now being made
available online < http://www.computer.org >.  As each periodical issue is
completed, the tables of contents, article abstracts, and PDF versions of
the individual articles are posted on the Web -- ahead of the mailing of the
paper edition.  Later, the issue's complete contents will be posted in HTML
form:  full text searchable, with math rendered as GIF images, all graphical
images as separately manipulable objects, etc. At the end of this year
access will be limited to Society members, but currently access is free to
everyone.  (Computer Magazine Aug 97)

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |