Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 1999 16:07:21 +0200
From:      Jean-Michel DRICOT <jdricot@ulb.ac.be>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Troubles with new Java (jdk1.1.7_ELF.V99-3-25.tar.gz)

I'm running FreeBSD 3.0 and lastly installed the latest jdk port.
(jdk1.1.7_ELF.V99-3-25.tar.gz)
I followed the instructions and also installed the new ld-elf.so.1.

Each time I launch the "javac" compiler I get the following error
message:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
/usr/jdk1.1.7/lib/i386/green_threads/libjava.so: Undefined symbol
"gmtime_r"

I think there's a dynamic library missing on my system... But wich one ?

Thanks for helping
Many Thanks for your GREAT job !

Dricot Jean-Michel

[End User License Agreement:  By opening this message you show your
agreement to spend the rest of your life vigorously opposing the oppressive
Microsoft marketing philosophy.]

Dricot Jean-Michel
3eme Annee du grade d'Ingenieur Civil Informaticien
Universite Libre de Bruxelles - Ecole Polytechnique

e-mail: jdricot@ulb.ac.be