Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2000 10:21:54 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
To:        Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b hangs during boot with ELSA Microlink

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Gerhard Sittig wrote:

> The Linux driver (HiSax) had a similar problem in a former version
> -- it hung at load time when the Elsa card was plugged into an
> active bus.  Do I remember right that you saw the very same
> symptom?  Maybe it's helpful to browse the Changelog of the Linux
> driver from, say 2.2.10 up to now (2.2.16).

Yes, that does indeed sound like the same problem I'm having.

Thanks Gerhard, for the tip.  I'm looking at the current i4linux code
and the main difference I see is that the their loop bails out after
five tries.  I tried that in i4b, but the interrupts still keep coming
(even after the function exits.)  I must be missing something.

Is anyone familiar with this problem (i.e. ELSA PCI hanging on an
active bus)?  I really have _zero_ clue about ISDN hardware, and I
could use a little direction.  I will continue to search through CVS
trees and mailing lists, but due to my lack of expertise in this area,
I can very easily overlook something.

-Paul.