Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2001 22:21:25 +0200 (CEST)
From:      G Hasse <gh@raditex.se>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Plotting util

Hello everyboddy!

I have hade great problems with a line that goes up and down
all the time.

The solution to this was to change to bind9 where there
is directives to handle dailed-up connections.

I put the directives

dialup yes;
heartbeat-interval 1440;

in the named.conf files and spontainious dialut died
away completly. So now I can have isdnd running all the
time.

I also hacked a small script that makes a graph from
the logfile, and I run this daily from cron. The
script needs gnuplot ( /usr/ports/math/gnuplot ).

---<the plot script>-------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
#------------------------------------------------------
#
#   Prints a postscript graph of the connectiontimes
#   for your ISDN line
#
#   gh@raditex.se
#
#------------------------------------------------------

#
# Change to suite your needs
#

# Use the standard format on the accouning file
LOGFILE=/var/log/isdnd.acct
TEMPFILE=/tmp/isdnlog.tmp
PRINTFILE=/tmp/isndprn.ps

# One day back
GRAPHDATE=`date -j -v -1d "+%d.%m.%Y"`

grep  $GRAPHDATE /var/log/isdnd.acct | \
  awk '{ print $2 "\t0\n" $2"\t1\n" $5 "\t1\n" $5\"\t0" }' > $TEMPFILE

/usr/local/bin/gnuplot <<EOF
set output "$PRINTFILE"
set terminal postscript
set title "ISDN   $GRAPHDATE"
set data style lines
set xlabel "Time"
set timefmt "%H:%M:%S"
set ytics 2
set xdata time
set ylabel "traficpattern"
set format x "%H:%M"
set grid
set key left
plot '$TEMPFILE' using 1:2 t 'isdn up / down"
EOF

lpr $PRINTFILE

I hope this can help some out there.

Göran Hasse