Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2002 15:57:40 +0800
From:      Huang wen hui <huanghwh@163.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   the problem of gnome2 rc1

hi,
 I play with gnome2 rc1 under 4.6 release. I am using chinese locale
zh_CN.EUC. and chinput is my XIM server.
I have two problem about gnome2:

1.  gdm2 could not start if I start gdm in /etc/ttys.  gdm can only  let
me to input user name but not password.
     if I start gdm2 on shell not on /etc/ttys.  It works!.  so I have
to use xdm now. my /etc/pam.conf have:

gdm     auth            requisite       pam_unix.so     try_first_pass
gdm     account         requisite       pam_unix.so     try_first_pass
gdm     session         required        pam_permit.so

2.  I could not open ICON properties at panel if I have started XIM
server chinput. gnome-panel will give me wrong msg and
exit.  If I do not start chinput, I can edit ICON properties.

--hwh