Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2002 11:23:49 +0000
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
To:        "Duane H. Hesser" <dhh@androcles.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
Subject:   Re: USB UHCI speed issue ?

--wzJLGUyc3ArbnUjN

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 05:39:56PM -0800, Duane H. Hesser wrote:
>=20
> I can confirm the problem, and point you to a message in the "current"
> archives (Dec 15) which contains a simple 3 or 4 line patch to uhui.c.
> The message, authored by Andrew Gordon, may be found at
>=20
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3D775757+780830+/usr/local/ww=
w/db/text/2001/freebsd-current/20011216.freebsd-curren

Hmm. :) Looking at the NetBSD code, they made a major commit to fix the
same issue:

    uhci.c revision 1.123
    date: 2000/08/13 16:18:09;  author: augustss;  state: Exp;  lines: +136=
 -31
    Implement what in Intel-speech is known as "bandwidth reclamation".
    It means that we continously poll USB devices that have a pending trans=
fer
    instead of polling just once every ms.  This speeds up some transfers
    at the expense of using more PCI bandwidth.

I'm looking at what is necessary to port that change over.

Joe

--wzJLGUyc3ArbnUjN

--wzJLGUyc3ArbnUjN--