Date:      Sun, 3 Feb 2002 13:57:52 +0100
From:      "Richard Kaestner" <richard.kaestner@ycn.com>
To:        <freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   picoBSD: newbies question

Please don't beat for a novice' question ;=)

As I understand from documentation, PicoBSD is
- based on "a quite old version" of FreeBSD ...
- has been merged to the "standard" FreeBSD sources and basically _is_ BSD
- should run quite well on a 486/33Mhz, 16 - 32 MB
  (not regarding application specific issues)
- "hard" real-time is not really a domain of *BSD
- I shold be able to build an embedded system, using the source tree
  (after getting deeper into documentation ;=) )
- and finally, develop application on a FreeBSD system,
  create a package and
  install it togehter with picoBSD in an embedded system

Could anyone please correct my above statements (which are actually
questions!),
and give me pointers to recommended readings (besides the files supplied
in /usr/src/release/picobsd )

After working already for some time on industrial control systems, I would
like to make life easier, using a prooven, stable kernel (which since late
last year, I think to know, BSD is).

Thanks for your help!

--
  ciao -
    Richard

"you have moved your mouse, please reboot to make this change take effect"

Richard Kästner
Woerthgasse 17
2500 Baden                        mailto:richard.kaestner@ycn.com
Austria