Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2003 08:20:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
To:        freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: www/38500: gnats web form is overenthusiastic about turning bin/xxxx into an href

The following reply was made to PR www/38500; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
To: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 11:18:16 -0500

 The issue wasn't about categories - it was that plain text was wrongly
 turned into a link when really it referred to a PR from another OS and
 thus should have been left as plain text.  As you point out, it's
 hard/impossible to do this right.

 Fortunately, I gave the URL to the NetBSD PR, so this erroneous
 linkification shouldn't slow anyone trying to work on the bug down much.

 BTW, bug 38495 is still open.  NetBSD applied something very close to
 my patch, and the fix seems to work fine.

 http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=16990

     Thanks,
     Greg