Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2006 20:19:48 -0800
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        ugen@netvision.net.il, archie@dellroad.org, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is there an API for ipfw?

On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 06:34:12PM -0500, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> On Saturday 01 April 2006 03:57 pm, you wrote:
> = i don't know on which version of freebsd is this occurring,
> = it would help knowning - as well as knowing if this is an
> = UP/SMP and whether it is working as a bridge or router.
>
> It is a FreeBSD/amd64-6.1 as of February 7, running on a signle Opteron 244
> (hence UP). Machine has 2Gb of RAM and the active interface is em0 in full

so the pipe acts just on traffic from/to the local host ?

> duplex 1GB mode. The ipfw and dummynet are loaded modules, not compiled in
> (don't know, if that matters).

should not make a difference.

It would help if you could run, when the traffic stalls, a tcpdump on
both source and destination, and tell me where you see the traffic.

Also i would need to know who is the source and who is the receiver, and
whether the pipe is on the sender or receiver side, and on the input or
output path.

thanks
luigi