Date:      Sat, 04 May 2013 21:51:27 -0300
From:      Marcelo Gondim <gondim@bsdinfo.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possible DoS in mpd 5.6 pppoe server

Em 21/04/13 10:59, Eugene Grosbein escreveu:
> On 21.04.2013 06:08, Marcelo Gondim wrote:

>>> For 9.x and newer, net.isr.XXX knobs names have changed but defaults are fine -
>>> if you have not messed them, you should be OK.
>>>

>> Eugene,
>>
>> Does FreeBSD 8.3-STABLEis best for this use or this problem also occurs
>> in 8.x?
> I have not tried anything newer than 8.x for this task yet.
> With noted tuning, this problem within dummynet occurs very seldom for me.
> I had about two or three panics for many months. Another one described here:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/171711
>
> Perhaps, using ng_car would be even more stable, I have not tried it.
>
> Eugene Grosbein

Hi all,

I changed hardware for motherboard Supermicro X9SCM-F and Xeon processor
3.2Ghz E31230 with 8Gb ram ECC. The problem stopped and the server was
very stable.
The problem could be with the Intel motherboard S5500BC? Because this
was installed with 2 Xeon processors and two memory banks 4Gb.
Could be FreeBSD incompatibility with the hardware or faulty hardware?

Thanks and best regards,

Gondim