Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2019 17:57:51 +0100
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Importing mksh in base

--iole3onwjmfq3agg

Hi everyone,

I would like to import mksh in base, https://www.mirbsd.org/mksh.htm
And make it the default root shell (not necessary in one step)

Why:
1/ it is tiny 400k (in the packaged version) all other shells fitting the
expectation are bigger
2/ it's default frontend in interactive mode is very close to what most people
are used to with bash and shells as default root shell on other BSD and most
linuxes
3/ from my narrow window csh as a default root shell is one of the major
complaint (usually the first thing a user get faced to) from new comers and
also for some long timers who are reinstalling a machine and have not yet
installed/configured a bourne compatible shell

What this proposal is _NOT_ about:
1/ the removal of tcsh from base
2/ any kid of denial of the quality and interest or features of csh

What do you think?
Best regards,
Bapt

--iole3onwjmfq3agg