Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 03:45:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      root@tomqnx.com (Tom Torrance at home Root)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cvsup query

I am running version 16.0 on RELENG_3 obtained from the cvsup-bin port.

I just ran a cvsup to cvsup3 and it added deltas to amd.map and config.c
(the server was running 16.0 cvsup server).

I then ran the same update to cvsup.freebsd.org which was running
U_1999_01_15_18_18_08. It said 'Falling back to protocol version 15.5'.

This run checked out new versions of amd.map and config.c over the
modified versions.  Obviously this would be what would happen if
cvsup3 were more up-to-date than cvsup, but I had thought that cvsup
was the master (perhaps incorrectly...).

Was this normal operation?

Regards,
Tom