Date:      Sun, 4 Mar 2001 03:18:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <danm@prime.gushi.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   modem troubles

Hey all, I'm using an A/OPEN FM56-RS Fax Modem.  It's a PCI card,
non-winmodem, and the trouble I'm having is this:

Occasionally, when the connection is dropped (when it idles out), I am
UNABLE to talk to the modem again.  The only way to re-establish a
connection is to shut down the machine completely and re-boot.

Needless to say, this is kinda annoying when this machine serves the net
for the entire house.  The current init string I'm using is AT&F.

Any ideas?

-Dan Mahoney

--

"Blargy Frap!"

-mtreal, efnet #macintosh channel, 8.10.98, Approx 3AM