Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 2002 00:05:20 -0700
From:      "Calvin Smith" <calvins@csts.org>
To:        <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ipnat and Netmeeting

I realize that this question has been hashed over in the past, but in
checking the archives and all the information I could find on the h323
proxy, I get the impression that it should now work.  1st, has anyone been
able to make this work with FreeBSD 4.6. and 2nd if that is the case can
anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.  I am able to establish a netmeeting
session, but as in most of the past messages in the archives,  I can not
hear the other party even though they can hear me.  I also tried the
"openh323proxy" with the same results.

Following is my setup.

FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE
ipf: IP Filter: v3.4.27 (336)
Kernel: IP Filter: v3.4.27
Running: yes
Log Flags: 0 = none set
Default: block all, Logging: available
Active list: 0

Network setup=  LAN with 8 PC's 1 FreeBSD running dansguardian, squid and
qmail.  1 FreeBSD gateway/firewall.
gateway/firewall internal ip 192.168.1.1
proxy/dansguardian ip 192.168.1.10

IP Nat rules: (external ip have been changed to x.x.x.x)
rdr xl0 x.x.x.x/32 port 25 -> 192.168.1.10 port 25
rdr xl0 x.x.x.x/32 port 22 -> 192.168.1.10 port 22
map xl0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32 proxy port 1720 h323/tcp
map xl0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32 proxy port 21 ftp/tcp
map xl0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32 portmap tcp/udp 20000:40000
map xl0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32

IP filter rules
#
# xl0 = WAN
# de0 = LAN
#
#
############################
# Generic to all interfaces
#############################
#
block in log quick all with opt lsrr
block in log quick all with opt ssrr
block in log quick all with ipopts
block in log quick proto tcp all with short
block in log quick proto icmp all with frag
########################
# Outside Interface
########################
#----------------------
# Allow out all TCP, UDP, and ICMP traffic and keep state on it
# so that it's allowed back in.
#----------------------
pass out quick on xl0 proto tcp from any to any flags S keep state
pass out quick on xl0 proto udp from any to any keep state
pass out quick on xl0 proto icmp from any to any keep state
block out log quick on xl0 all
#-----------------------
# Allow bootp traffic in from my ISP's DHCP server only.
# and any other needed traffic
#-----------------------
pass in quick on xl0 proto udp from x.x.x.x/32 to any port = 68 keep state
pass in quick on xl0 proto tcp from any to 192.168.1.10 port = 25 flags S
keep state keep frags
pass in quick on xl0 proto tcp from any to 192.168.1.10 port = 22 flags S
keep state keep frags
#-----------------------
# Block and log all remaining traffic coming into the firewall
# - Block TCP with a RST
#   (to make it appear as if the service isn't listening)
# - Block UDP with an ICMP Port Unreachable
#   (to make it appear as if the service ins't listening)
# - Block all remaining traffic
#------------------------
block return-rst in log quick on xl0 proto tcp from any to any
block return-icmp-as-dest(port-unr) in log quick on xl0 proto udp from any
to any
block in log quick on xl0 all
#############################
# Inside Interface
#############################
#---------------------------
# Allow out all TCP, UDP, and ICMP traffic & keep state
#---------------------------
pass out quick on de0 proto tcp from any to any keep state
pass out quick on de0 proto udp from any to any keep state
pass out quick on de0 proto icmp from any to any keep state
pass out quick on de0 proto gre from any to any keep state
block out log quick on de0 all
#--------------------------
# Block in on LAN misc.
#--------------------------
block in quick on de0 proto tcp from any to any port = 137
block in quick on de0 proto tcp from any to any port = 138
block in quick on de0 proto tcp from any to any port = 139
block in quick on de0 proto udp from any to any port = 137
block in quick on de0 proto udp from any to any port = 138
block in quick on de0 proto udp from any to any port = 139
block in quick on de0 proto tcp from any port = 137 to any
block in quick on de0 proto tcp from any port = 138 to any
block in quick on de0 proto tcp from any port = 139 to any
block in quick on de0 proto udp from any port = 137 to any
block in quick on de0 proto udp from any port = 138 to any
block in quick on de0 proto udp from any port = 139 to any
#--------------------------
# Allow in TCP, UDP, and ICMP traffic & keep state
#--------------------------
pass in quick on de0 proto tcp from any to any port = 22 keep state
pass in quick on de0 proto tcp from any to any port = 25 keep state
pass in quick on de0 proto tcp from any to any port = 110 keep state
pass in quick on de0 proto tcp from any to any port = 1863 flags S keep
state keep frags
pass in quick on de0 proto tcp from 192.168.1.10 to any keep state
pass in quick on de0 proto tcp from 192.168.1.151 to any keep state
#this is the pc I do netmeeting from
pass in quick on de0 proto udp from any to any keep state
pass in quick on de0 proto icmp from any to any keep state
pass in quick on de0 proto gre from any to any keep state
block in log quick on de0 all

# Loopback Interface
pass in quick on lo0 all
pass out quick on lo0 all