Date:      Thu, 8 Oct 1998 01:53:23 +1000
From:      "Justin Clift" <vapour@digitaldistribution.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   HP PC/LAN NE2100 compatible card

Hiya's,

I'm using FreeBSD 2.3 and trying to install for the first time with the
'graphical' menu... everytime after I have selected my network card (a HP
PC/LAN card... NE1500/2100 compatible it says) and removed all the other
'conflicts' because of drivers I don't have, I press 'Q'.  Instead of doing
anything useful all I get is a black screen with the cursor stuck in the top
left... it doesn't matter how long I wait, it just sits there forever.

:-(

Anyone have any ideas on how I can find out which ports, etc this card is
using... it's totally jumperless...as it sounds like this is the problem
causing this.....

I've tried it with and without boot -cv, and that didn't help.  Anytime I
leave off the ethernet card, it gets past this screen to the installation
option... but not WITH the card... (I need to do an FTP install via network
too).

???

Regards and best wishes,

+ Justin Clift