Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:37:57 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        Daryl Chance <dchance@midsouth.rr.com>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Programmers Documentation Project

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 11:33:38AM -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:
>  Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 01:11:53PM -0500, Daryl Chance wrote:
> > I was looking through the list of projects to see if one existed
> > for documenting the FBSD code.  The closest I came to it was this:
> > http://home.wxs.nl/~asmodai/pdp.html
>=20
>   The Developers Handbook is currently being worked on in the doc
> tree of our CVS repository.  You can download this work in progress
> and see where we're at with cvsup or anon CVS.

Or you can view it on the web, at

  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO_8859-1/books/developers-handbook/ind=
ex.html

> > I say this is the closest, because I was looking for something else,
> > something a little more "thourough", like (I realize this would be
> > a HUGE undertaking) commenting all the functions in the FBSD source
> > and running something like ScanDoc against it or some other auto-
> > matic code documentation programs.

You might also want to talk to Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com> who is working
on "The FreeBSD Browser".  He has written a couple of articles about
this at

    http://www.freebsdzine.org/200103/browser.php3
    http://www.freebsdzine.org/200104/filetree.php3=20

which sounds like it might be more what you're thinking of.

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb--