Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:50:07 -0600
From:      Nomad <atxnomad@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Server unreachable after quagga install from ports

I just setup a server running FreeBSD 6.3.  After the install I made some
housekeeping changes, installed some ports ... so far so good, no problems.
 Rebooted the server and still no problems.  After installing quagga
(/usr/ports/net/quagga)  is when I started having problems.  The server got
rebooted and I couldn't reach it.  The default appeared to be up and the NIC
showed as up but I couldn't ping it.  I used ifconfig to bring the NIC down
and then up and after that I could ping the machine and ssh to it.

Has anybody else encountered this with quagga?  I'm just using it to run
ospfd and advertise some addresses I have setup on the loopback.

Any information would be appreciated.