Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 1998 15:26:58 -0600
From:      "Jeff Vehrs"<JWVEHRS@hewitt.com>
To:        cshenton@uucom.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Get dynamic IP address from DHCP server on the net?

>> Do you want to boot the freebsd box and have it acquire it's IP and such
from a DHCP server
somewhere else on the LAN? <<

Correct.

>> It's been a while since I used the WIDE software but I expect it has a
client too. <<

Yes. This release that I installed includes DHCP server, relay agent, and
_client_. So, it does have client part. Naturally, there is no man pages on
it.

>> The external DHCP server should provide your FreeBSD client with its
IP, default router, DNS domain and server address so you should have
to do this. <<

Yeah. I was supposed to add that info in /etc/resolv.conf. Right? e.g.

domain hewitt.com
nameserver  xx.xx.xx.xx
nameserver  xx.xx.xx.xx
nameserver  xx.xx.xx.xx