Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:30:06 GMT
From:      Timothy Bourke <timbob@bigpond.com>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/124061: [patch]: lang/mlton (new features)

The following reply was made to PR ports/124061; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Timothy Bourke <timbob@bigpond.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Cc: jesper.louis.andersen@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:47:00 +1000

 --pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

 After applying the previous patch, please remove the
 files/patch-runtime-cenv.h file.

 The port maintainer noticed that the path is too rigid, and that it
 would be better to edit runtime/Makefile adding
     CFLAGS+=        -I${LOCALBASE}/include

 But, I found that compilation succeeds anyway without the patch file.

 BTW, to test cross compilation, create a file test.sml:
     val _ = TextIO.print("Hello Windows\n");

 And run:
     mlton -target mingw32 -cc mingw32-gcc test.sml
 (ignore the warnings: mingw32-gcc: unrecognized option '-b')

 Then:
     file test
 should give:
     test: MS-DOS executable PE  for MS Windows (console) Intel 80386 32-bit
 which will run in wine:
     wine ./test

 Please let me know if any extra information could encourage committal!
 Thank you.

 --pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

 --pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/--