Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 1997 14:16:40 +0000
From:      "Riley J. McIntire" <chaos@mail.tgci.com>
To:        dmaddox@scsn.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bad file descriptor in security check output

> From:          "Donald J. Maddox" <root@rhiannon.scsn.net>
> Subject:       Re: Bad file descriptor in security check output
> To:            chaos@tgci.com
> Date:          Sun, 23 Mar 1997 16:35:03 -0500 (EST)

> > > su to root and try again.
> > >
> > The above is as root...I've tried fsck, clri and then fsck, rm -r and
> > possibly others, all in various ways, and still have this:
>
>     You need to do this in single-user mode...  The 'schg' flag cannot
> be overridden even by root in multi-user mode.
>

>                                             Donald J. Maddox
>                                             (dmaddox@scsn.net)

Ok, went to single user (I've done most of the above in this mode,
but just to double check) and did the following:

in /usr/lost+found

chflags noschg *

then did a fsck and rebooted--regained a couple files that had disappear earlier.

Tried rm -i '#'*  which got rid of the resurrected files and left the
problem files

Did ls -i, got inodes and clri /dev/wd0s2f nnnnn

Got device busy error.

clri /dev/wd0 nnnnn got this error:

/dev/wd0 superblock magic number 0xce0039, not 0x11954

I do appreciate the help--this isn't (apparently) really critical,
but I'd really like to resolve it one way or another.

Cheers,

Riley