Date:      Mon, 06 Mar 2017 10:23:54 +0100
From:      Ralf Wenk <iz-rpi03@hs-karlsruhe.de>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Booting an old kernel on RPI2

At Sat, 4 Mar 2017 08:57:40 -0800, bob prohaska <fbsd=40www.zefox.net> wr=
ote:
> A recent world/kernel build went badly wrong, resulting in an
> =22out of memory=22 report on the console and no further progress.
>=20
> There are two spare kernels on the system, kernel.old and kernel.spare,=

> but even kernel.spare, which I know worked, still produces the same
> =22out of memory=22 prompt on the console.=20
> =5B...=5D

I am having the same problem here.
It happened during make installworld of r314701. I run make installworld
while the former kernel r313407  was still active.
Now both kernels will boot up, but produce the same =22out of memory=22
message while going to single- or multi-user.
So it is not even possible to get a working shell in single-user mode.
As it first happens during make installworld while still running the
=22old=22 r313407 kernel I think the cause is not the kernel itself.

Ralf