Date:      Sat, 21 Sep 1996 12:49:50 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: new category: astro

On Wed, 18 Sep 1996, Narvi wrote:

> The foremost idea I got looking at the X11 category was to move specJava
> from x11 to devel... I find it much more fitting there as a gui
> *development* tool. But that's my personal taste.
>
> My proposal for a new caegory would be one for the windows managers.
> There are at least eight of them. And yes, that would be moving the x11
> category to become general X.

Well, I don't like the idea, to blow up the /usr/ports/tree too much.
Would perhaps sub-categories be possible without breaking too much ?!

/usr/ports/games/tty		- only for games under tty
/usr/ports/games/x11		- only for games under x11
/usr/ports/x11/misc		- miscellaneous X stuff
/usr/ports/x11/wmanagers	- only for window managers
/usr/ports/tcl-tk		- everything around tcl and tk

andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de
pgp p-key  http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html  >>> powered by <<<
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Printing/aps-491.tgz  >>>    FreeBSD <<<