Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:21:36 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Andrey Simonenko <simon@simon.org.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem: named forgots about PPP interface

Hello all,

My server got leased line, a modem and public IP address. If PPP link is
up and I start named, then it listens on the public IP address (IP address
on ppp0 link), but if a modem hangs up line and then after some time
(from some seconds to some minutes) establishes connection again, then
named forgots about ppp0 inteface and its IP address.

I set ppp0 IP address in the "listen-on" option, but this does not
help.

Did I miss something in BIND's documentation? How to fix this problem? (I
don't want to write some kind of script and run it from the crontab).

TIA

ps: FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE, BIND 8.3.2-T1B