Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 00:45:26 +0300
From:      Yoav Cohen-Sivan <ycs@netvision.net.il>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.7 and user PPP lockups

I can't see anything special with the settings you used. Those are
pretty much what I am using. It is also funny, in my eyes, that it would
lock up under FreeBSD, but not Linux nor NT.

What is more interesting here is that now FreeBSD sees your modem, but
Win95 doesn't: sounds to me like you have pnp code in the kernel and you
moved the modem around in userconfig. If this were true it would
strengthen my hunch that this is pnp related.

	Yoav