Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 10:15:52 +0000 ()
From:      Nick Liu <nickliu@uniqsite.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   libmalloc porting failed

I tried to install libmalloc (port) for the squid package and failed.

While compiling, I got the following errors:

cc -c -g -I./splay -I/usr/home/root/include -DHAVE_MMAP -DDEBUG -DTRACE -DPROFILESIZES getmem.c -o getmem.o
*** Error code 1

In file included from getmem.c:47
/usr/include/sys/mman.h:93: conflicting types for `madvise'
externs.h:109: previous decleration of `madvise'
Stop.

I wonder if I need to do to fix the problem?  Has anybody tried?

Please cc me.  Thanks.

The ONLY good thing Micro$oft ever did is they drive the price of
the memory chip so low now every one can afford 32 megs.

Micro$soft - memory hog of the century.