Date:      Fri, 02 May 1997 17:11:54 -0500
From:      Chris Csanady <ccsanady@nyx.pr.mcs.net>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Seeming problem with vm under -current:

>The following message has started turning up in my dmesg output relatively
>frequently.
>

>vm_page_alloc(ZERO): missing pages on cache queue: 1

Are you running the SMP kernel by any chance?  I occasionally see these
messages as a result of heavy paging and was told they may be caused by
page stealing or something.  Since the ipi's for tlb invalidation don't
do handshaking, there is a tiny window where something might go wrong..

For what its worth..

--Chris Csanady