Date:      Tue, 2 May 2000 14:59:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Eric D. Futch" <efutch@nyct.net>
To:        Dan Moschuk <dan@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Toshiba 4260 screen problem

I recall someone on the freebsd-mobile mailing list having a similar
problem.  What I told them to try was using options VESA in their
kernel config or use the vesa.ko kernel module.  I looked at it a little
more closely and it appears that you might also need the SC_PIXEL_MODE
option in your kernel config to get raster text mode to work.

After you have that in your kernel then you can use vidcontrol to change
the video mode to VESA_800x600 for 800x600 raster text mode.  They seemed
to be happy with the results.

Try it out and let me know wether or not it was helpful.

--
Eric Futch              New York Connect.Net, Ltd.
efutch@nyct.net         Technical Support Staff