Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:33:10 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Grant Peel <gpeel@thenetnow.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw

--------------enigD6E9229F09FE0D3509995628

On 26/08/2010 12:56, Grant Peel wrote:

> I am running FreeBSD 8, and am assuming I am using ipfw2
>=20
> How does one find the current version of IPFW being used?

Base system utilities generally don't have a separate version number --
other than the SVN revision numbers of their source code files.  Just
track them by the version of the OS.

Hmmm... if you're asking about the ipfw1 -> ipfw2 update, that is pretty
ancient history now.  AFAIR it was current around 5.3-RELEASE.  Maybe
even earlier.  All those changes were merged into the base system a long
time ago now, and you can safely assume that you're on ipfw2.

There have been some subsequent changes to ipfw which may involve
modified ways of doing certain things -- I'm thinking of the in-kernel
NAT features for example.  This sort of change is best tracked through
the Release Notes for new FreeBSD versions.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                  Flat 3