Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:16:01 +0000
From:      Simon Dick <simond@irrelevant.org>
To:        Chris Appleton <appleton_chris@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: annoyances

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 08:59:10AM -0800, Chris Appleton wrote:
> Nothing serious but when I restart my 4.4release box,
> I get a pause while it searches for "open vi
> sessions".  If I can hold off on ctl_c (not often) it
> gets past it but if there is a switch somewhere I'd
> love to hear about it.  I don't ever use vi.

The delay is due to failing DNS lookups, if you want to delete
existing ones, either recover any files left over or if you
don't care about what they are, try rm /var/tmp/vi.recover/vi.*

(deleting the directory may skip the section entirely, but having
not tried, I wouldn't risk it personally)

--
Simon Dick					simond@irrelevant.org
"Why do I get this urge to go bowling everytime I see Tux?"