Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:41:03 -0500
From:      Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Invisible Linux Netscape?

j mckitrick wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 06:32:33PM -0500, Jim Bryant wrote:
> | ps -ax | grep dns.helper
> |
> | kill that...
> |
> | netscape 4.7x's dns helper hangs on both -current and -stable....  apparently at random...  i've seen this behaviour for about a year...
> |
> | upgrading to 4.78 [or is it 4.79, i forget] doesn't fix this matter, but will fix some 3xpl0itz, so you may want to do the upgrade
> | anyhow...
>
> It doesn't just add a bunch of whizbang  FEEtures that I *must* have to
> enhance my browsing experience?

Nah...  Nah, it gets rid of what some would call "features"...

To get enhanced functionality, you have to get 6.10, and even then, get it direct from netscape, because that works, and the freebsd
-port is using some hacked version with menu problems...

Speaking of hacking...  Is that your real name, or just a handle from /usr/games/wargames?

I'll take a WOPR with cheese, please..

jim
--
ET has one helluva sense of humor!
He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!