Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:41:40 +0100
From:      "Richard P. Williamson" <richard.williamson@u4eatech.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   using ttys to restart a process

Hello,

4.10-RELEASE

According to ttys(5) and init(8), init will restart a process if it
is found in ttys.  I can not find, however, an example syntax for
doing just that.

Say I have a process called /usr/bin/sleeploop

# is this how it works?
sleeper "/usr/bin/sleeploop -q 3000" none on insecure

?  Then, if I killall -s HUP sleeploop, it should 'magically reappear,
as if by magic', right?

Loath to have a go on this on the running system, on the off chance
that I end up by breaking the boot sequence.

TIA,
rip