Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:51:25 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <s1@wmptl.com>
To:        MrK1nt@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation (newbie)

try this command at the boot: prompt, (it will list of the file(s) if any in your root partition).

boot: wd(0,a)?

see if you see a 'kernel', or 'kernel.GENERIC', It sounds to me as if you selected 'skip kernel configuration' before you installed. You should be able to boot kernel.GENERIC, and make yourself a new kernel. Try this command if kernel.GENERIC shows up:

boot: wd(0,a)kernel.GENERIC