Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 1997 22:50:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: bin/2633: fsck -p in /etc/rc fails with cannot alloc nnnn by

The following reply was made to PR bin/2633; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To: (Joerg Wunsch) <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, (J Wunsch) <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 23:32:26 -0800 (PST)

 Hi J Wunsch;  On 03-Feb-97 you wrote:
 > As Simon Shapiro wrote:
 >
 > > > Does the error go away if you enable swapping before?
 > >
 > > If you look in /etc/rc, you will see that swap -a runs before the fsck.
 >
 > You'd like to say, i should *really* have looked before? :-)
 >
 > On another chance, does fsck simply run out of VM limits?  See
 > ulimit...

 Ulimit is ``unlimited'', unless it does something different (and silly?)
 at boot time.

 As this one is a basic, boot time, plain vanilla issue, I am sort of
 ``playing dumb'' here.  As I am still new here, am I expected to fix that
 (since I spoke first :-) or there is an ``official maintainer'' for this
 piece?

 Simon