Date:      Sun, 27 May 2001 21:43:07 -0400
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: digital camera

Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> I think you're out of luck unless you want to reverse engineer and
> implement the proprietry protocol for your device, since it's not
> doing umass.

There's a program called "portmon" for Windows that you can use for
doing this.  It's pretty nice, and it reports on all the syscalls/data
going on on every port.  (I tried writing my own Windows program to
monitor the data on COM1:, but it didn't work, because you can't have
more than one program opening the same serial port at the same time.
You have to implement a VxD, and that's what portmon does.  I also got
some BSOD's when I tried running my own program and the camera software
at the same time. 8-()