Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 1997 15:36:13 +0100 (BST)
From:      Anthony Barlow <tony@mail.warp.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IP Muticasting

Hi

We've been experimenting with FreeBSD and like what we have seen so. We
are now starting to move our servers from Linux to FBSD.

We have 2 networks, one Unix based for the Internet '194.207.68-69 real
ip numbers', the other Novel based '194.168 pvt network ip numbers'. The
194.168 network is blocked on our routers to disable access from the
Internet. We use muticasting on a Linux box so that users on the Novel
network can still browse the web and ftp. There is a Linux how-to that
shows you how to set these things up. Is there something similar for FBSD?

---Internet--[routers]

           [Our Network] ----- [multi-cast box/
	    real ip no's       router/firewall]

                               [private network]
				  194.168 no's

The faq just shows:

"9.14. How do I enable IP multicast support?

   Multicast host operations are fully supported in FreeBSD 2.0 by
   default. If you want your box to run as a multicast router, you will
   need to load the ip_mroute_mod loadable kernel module and run mrouted."

which doesn't tell you how to load the modules or give a basic config
example :(

Regards,
Anthony