Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 1996 10:09:32 +0930
From:      "Garth Kidd" <garth@dogbert.systems.sa.gov.au>
To:        "Humprey C. Sy" <humprey@linux1.dlsu.edu.ph>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Soundblaster CDROM Still Need Help

> Likewise my problem.  I have a CD200 double speed CDROM from Creative
> Labs.  It's IDE but it's connected to my sound card.  I've tried to
> include ATAPI, but it didn't work!

By default, SoundBlaster card IDE interfaces are configured to act as a
tertiary IDE port; the default kernel only probes for primary and
secondary.

Solution: reconfigure your card, or recompile your kernel.  I recommend
reconfiguring your card; /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/isa.h has entries for IO_WD1
and IO_WD2 only, so I suspect that the kernel source doesn't currently
support tertiary or quaternary IDE ports.

If any kernel-hackers are listening, IO_WD3 is at irq11, port 0x1e8.
IO_WD4 is at irq10, port 0x168.  The tertiary IDE port on an SB16 can be
moved to irq12 and the quaternary irq11, but I wouldn't call it standard.

--
garth@dogbert.systems.sa.gov.au    | Garth Kidd
 +61-8-207-7740 (voice)            | Professional Services Division