Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 1998 08:28:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        Kevin Hendrix <kevin@rocksolid.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Extremely Slow FTP Logins

We gave that a shot too, made sure that all addresses on the machine were
reversed properly.  It still happened.

I think it will remain a mystery, as after the last sup to -stable it
fixed itself.  There are no changes mentioned in ftpd.c that mention the
problem, just a lot of strcpy/strncpy changes by "imp".  Something he did
fixed it.

Thanks,

Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com
----
                           "I'm not a prophet or a stone-age man
                           Just a mortal with potential of a superman
                           I'm living on"      -DB