Date:      Fri, 02 May 1997 20:08:21 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        bsdhack@shadows.aeon.net (mika ruohotie), hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make flags

In message <199705022100.OAA09474@phaeton.artisoft.com> Terry Lambert writes:
: The makefiles must be "-j" aware.

Alternatively, -j 2 could be added to the MAKE make macro, which would
help a lot.  Currently, it isn't added.  However, things like -k are.
Go figure.

: All in all, I don't think you'd get much of a win from anything
: other than -current with the changes in place.

In build libc with -j 2 and w/o I found that it was faster on my PPro
200 to do it w/o the flag.  I got 99% CPU without the flag, and 87%
CPU with the flag.

Maybe I'm a mutant :-)

Warner