Date:      Mon, 23 Jan 1995 20:55:25 -0800
From:      laird@mind.net (Alan Laird)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   which release

Hello,

I have been running FreeBSD 2.0.5 for about three weeks now.  I am having
some problems compiling programs such as lynx2-3-7 using the freebsd target.
 I really like the package but I am looking to reduce the time I spend
building things.  Is there a version of FreeBSD that you would recomend as
having the *best* package support?  I said *best* because I understand the
nature of this project and I am very excited to have a 4.4 variant on intel
hardware.  But, I have been told that I need to get these packages up with
linux if I can't get them up with FreeBSD.  I really would rather work on
FreeBSD because I like the clean nature of it vs the dense nature of Linux.

Thanks for your time and keep up the great work.

Alan Laird
Alan Laird                           InfoStructure
laird@mind.net                       611 Siskiyou Blvd.
voice:503-488-1962 fax:503-488-1962  Ashland OR 97520