Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:40:42 -0500
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sinility strikes again - how to use ports

	Ok, old age is catching up to me again.  I'm needing to upgrade an old BSD
box with 4.3 on it and a mandrake box with the newest mandrake so that I we
can use them as test servers for some stuff.  They're base installs and
don't have all the cool extra stuff on them and I don't feel like
reinstalling them and I'm too lazy to ftp out and grab stuff by hand.  So
does anyone know how to use the ports to upgrade this stuff?

	I need to add apache, Samba, DHCP, VPN, IpSec, SMTP and Pop3 for network
mail (I know this is already on there by default but I'm going to be doing
some wild stuff with it so I want to be sure I've got everything related to
those two), and some other items, but I want to do it in the easiest way
possible with the existing installs rather than reinstalling both
boxes.  Part of the reason I'm asking is if all goes right, I'm gonna have
to do this on like another 200+ machines or so, so I'm sure you get the
idea.  :)  Learn the easy way first on the test machines, then when it
comes to the real thing, it will be easy.

	Thanks guys.  You're always great help.