Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 20:58:19 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Do *you* have problems with floppies?

Sorry, I can't offer any help with software bugs. I've used an
odd-ball assortment of floppies since 2.0 with less than 5% failure. I
rarely bother to reformat. I dd the image to /dev/fd0 and am as happy
as a pig in a mud hole. I'm using Mitsumis now, but have used Teacs and
Sonys equally well. If there's a bug, I haven't seen it.

I would suspect the ability of a MicroS**t product to do anything
rational with questionable media. Maybe the dos program (rawrite?)
needs to make up for Redmond's short comings?

-- Jay