Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:12:48 -0500
From:      Matthew Graybosch <matthew@starbreaker.net>
To:        Keith Spencer <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Anyone able to help me get it working?

--=.ycYiDnh'zbF7Ap

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:49:44 +1100 (EST)
Keith Spencer <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am (bravely) trying to get ChiliASP to install on a
> FBSD4.4 box.
> It is meant for Linux but maybe it'll run under
> emulation...apparently if it doesn't use /proc too
> much it might run.(whatever the hell that is!)
> You can maybe tell I am a real genius at hacking. ;^)
> BACKGROUND:
> Anyways...ChiliASP is an ASP support module for
> Apache.
> It is really nice! It is good for ex-M$ dills like me
> who know VB but are clueless for Perl etc.

ChiliASP? Well, before running the install scripts did you do the following?

1) switch to root using "su"
2) ./configure
3) make install

Most apps for Linux and FreeBSD have to be built from sources, unlike
Windows apps which come prebuilt with an installer. Also, if you hack ASP,
you *might* want to look into learning PHP. I know a little; and I happen to
think it's really cool. Have a look at http://www.php.net

Also, PHP plugs into Apache using the mod_php4 module, and can talk ODBC if
you know what you're doing.

Good luck.

PS: You really should learn to at least *read* Perl, even if you can't write
it; it comes in handy when you have to figure out why somebody else's script
is FUBAR.

--
Matthew Graybosch
http://www.starbreaker.net