Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:50:13 GMT
From:      Justin Head <ports@encarnate.com>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/121050: New port: sysutils/heartbeat2 Linux  High-Availability Daemon

The following reply was made to PR ports/121050; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Justin Head <ports@encarnate.com>
To: Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org, scott-ports@tummy.com,
	Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@freebsd.org>
Subject: Re: ports/121050: New port: sysutils/heartbeat2 Linux
	High-Availability Daemon
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 03:22:21 -0500

 The only items i see that need updated before committing are the
 Makefile's MASTER_SITES and MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR from when Jun was
 testing.

 I believe it is possible to drop in heartbeat v2 into a current v1
 configuration.  You do not get the added features of v2 but it will
 work.  Then again it has been a long while since i moved from v1 and i
 cannot recall if i even gave the v1 configuration a chance before
 moving everything to v2. YMMV.

 If we wanted to include a snippet in UPDATING perhaps something like this:

 ---
 Heartbeat has been upgraded to the 2.1.4 release.  Older
 configurations based on version 1 should still work.  Read more about
 the new features and possible configuration changes at the following
 urls.

 http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/Documentation (Configuration 0.6 Explained)
 http://www.linux-ha.org/GettingStartedRevisedV2
 ---