Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:36:23 +0300
From:      Usov Alexander <usov@ups.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CTM & tracking STABLE branch

Hello guys!

For the beginning sorry for my bad english.

That is not a real question, but an advise requirement :)

Currently I use 4.0-RELEASE, but I do want to track 4.0-STABLE
and I do need anybody explain me in detalis the process (don't
flame me, I had read handbook, but still have a few questions).

I currently don't have online, and even email at my home :(,
the only thing I had is email in University, thus I desided to
use CTM.

As I understand, the first thing I should do is to subscribe to
freebsd-stable and ctm-announce lists (is it really essential?).

I should  suscribe to ctm-???? list (what should I put instead
???? here?) to get deltas by email.

After that I should install the whole source-tree from 4.0-RELEASE,
download from ftp.frebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CTM/ (or their mirror)
all previous deltas (what is their names?).

After that I save all deltas attached to the mail to floppy, put
them into /usr/delta/* , cd to /usr/src and do
ctm -v -v /usr/delta/src-*
to modify sources, am I rigth?

After that I may do "make world" monthly.

If I am wrong, correct me please.

And one more question:
can I do
tar cfz /dos/backup/src.tgz /usr/src
and delete all my deltas, or I should keep all deltas?

Thanks!

PS.