Date:      23 Dec 1998 17:18:55 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@uucom.com>
To:        "Jeff Vehrs"<JWVEHRS@hewitt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Get dynamic IP address from DHCP server on the net?

"Jeff Vehrs"<JWVEHRS@hewitt.com> writes:

> Yes. This release that I installed includes DHCP server, relay agent, and
> _client_. So, it does have client part. Naturally, there is no man pages on
> it.

No docs? Hmmm... how 'bout building the isc-dhcp2 port instead. It's
docs seem quite good. It's in /usr/ports/net/isc-dhcp2 if you've got
ports.

> Yeah. I was supposed to add that info in /etc/resolv.conf. Right? e.g.

Nah, the DHCP client SW should take care of all this. At least the ISC
one does for me. Now that you mention it, I'm not sure what it would
config with this info unless it monkeyed with resolv.conf. It won't
hurt to put that info there, but it seems like it shouldn't be
necessary.