Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 1996 12:13:02 +1000 (EST)
From:      patrick collins <pc012@seqeb.gov.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Probe not finding wdc1

I am running 2.2-961006-SNAP which is very nice indeed but am having a
problem in that it doesn't find my secondary IDE controller wdc1. This
controller works OK with WIN95 where mscdex reports that it is at 0x170
irq 15 which is what FreeBSD is also expecting. I have an IDE type
interface on wdc1 that I would like to use. My hardware is a no-name PCI
motherboard with an AMD 486DX4/100 and AMI bios.

Any help in this regard would be gratefully received.

Patrick Collins - Load Survey Technician           email : pc012@seqeb.gov.au
South East Queensland Electricity Corporation      phone : +61 7 3407 5954
Blinzinger Rd, Banyo, 4014                         fax   : +61 7 3407 5454
Queensland, AUSTRALIA (Best State, Best Country)   Viva el Cristo Rey !