Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:43:33 -0600
From:      Damien Palmer <dpalmer@northwestern.edu>
To:        Andrew Kenneth Milton <akm@theinternet.com.au>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question on su / possible hole

At 12:35 AM 3/28/2002 +1000, Andrew Kenneth Milton wrote:
>So remove world execute access from su, make an su-users group and chgrp
>su with that group ?

Since su already belongs to the wheel group, and we are trying to restrict
su access to people in the wheel group, wouldn't it be simpler to just
chmod the command, so only the owner and the group have executable
permissions on it, and leave it in the wheel group?  Or is there another
reasoning behind creating a new group that I am not seeing?

-Damien Palmer