Date:      Sun, 24 Oct 2010 22:28:28 +0000
From:      Marwan Sultan <dead_line@hotmail.com>
To:        <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: My mail server flagged spam!

Dear Chuk=2C
=20
 Im almost there..
 Im trying to tweak local.cf (the spamassassin configuration file) to trust=
 SMTP logins..
 and Im kinda lost.
=20
 I donot use postfix. I use sendmail + spamassassin. FBSD 7.2
=20
 Now to avoid the 2.8 DOS_OE_TO_MX    Delivered direct to MX with OE header=
s=20
 error..
 shall i add my domains MX records to local.cf as
 trusted_networks mail.domain.com
 or as
 internal_networks mail.domain.com ?
=20
 Or its something else!
=20
I would appreciate your help.
=20
 - Marwan
=20
>=20
> On Oct 23=2C 2010=2C at 3:46 PM=2C Marwan Sultan wrote:
> > they configure their outlook express to use SMTP user/password
> > with mail.clinet_domain.com as incoming/outgoing.
> >=20
> > even if they send from xyz@client_domain to admin@MyDomain.com
> > both are in same server=2C I will still receive it as SPAM.
> > (They are sending from outlook.)
>=20
> When someone is an authorized user of email=2C ie=2C they login to your S=
MTP server via a good username+password=2C then you should configure your s=
pam filtering to treat them as trusted. For example=2C in postfix you could=
 have: