Date:      Tue, 1 Jan 2002 14:45:54 -0500
From:      "Bob Hall" <rjhalljr@starpower.net>
To:        FBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Modem Support

On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 10:33:27AM -0500, Joe & Fhe Barbish wrote:
> Any external modem will work with FBSD on com1 or com2.

I have a cheap external modem that appears to be a win modem.
I've never been able to use it with anything other than windows.
In case anyone wants to avoid it, the manufacturer has dubbed
it the Elsa model (maybe because it uses a serial lion? Or maybe
because it works only with Windows, and is therefore Bourne free?).
Before buying an external modem, you should check to see what
systems it is compatible with, just as you do with internal modems.

Bob Hall
--
Know thyself? Absurd direction!
Bubbles bear no introspection.        -Khushhal Khan Khatak